Well, not incredibly exciting has happened, but spring break is soon! Yay! In less than a week, I will get to go home and see my pets (and my family).
Meanwhile, studio is moving along well. I have not been on top of things as much in the explanation or documentation of my projects but I really enjoy the models I’m making. Here are some picture of models that I have made with little to no explanation of what they are supposed to be for.
Our second project is getting into it’s final stages. The end goal is to design 2 sequential spaces that make the user experience certain feelings. Here is my “rip and tear” model:
Also this unrelated set of six models that I made that, when put together, look like a swirly thing:
On Saturday night, my roommate and I decided to make ourselves dinner instead of going to the dining hall. It was quite a set up. We had all three microwaves running in our dorm. We made vegetables with garlic, meatballs, spaghetti with meatballs and sauce, couscous, and mashed potatoes. We actually made enough to fill up three people. It was quite impressive, I think.
Oh, an something very exciting happened today. Well, it would’ve been exciting if it had impacted me in any way (which it didn’t). But Penn State actually cancelled all classes after 4:00 PM today because of the ice. This is incredibly suprising since, I’m pretty sure the university believes they have incredibly hardy students, willing to brave any conditions to get to class without complaint. (Of course this is incredibly false because we are college students who are very lazy and complain about everything).
Also, I forgot to mention that I went to THON. Here is a picture of the “largest student-run philanthropy event” or something along the lines of that. Whatever their shtick is, it’s an impressive happening. I did not stay for that long.
My fanciest dorm cookin’ food yet! (Sorry for the blurry picture)
- Frozen Meatballs
- Frozen Broccoli
- This spaghetti or angel hair
- A jar of red sauce of your choosing
- Some butter
- Salt and Pepper
What to do:
- Break up desired amount of pasta so it fits in a microwave safe dish. Add water to cover the pasta (plus some more) and salt to taste.
- Heat in the microwave (uncovered) for 2 to 3 minute intervals until done. At each interval, stir with fork to test for level of cooked-ness.
- In a separate bowl, place meatballs and frozen broccoli. Add sauce on top.
- Cover and heat. You’re guess for time is just as good as mine.
- Drain pasta somehow
- Put pasta back in bowl and add meatball bowl and butter.
Like always, I don’t have exact measurement. Just eyeball it.
Bacon? Yes! Bacon! I cooked bacon in a microwaveable bowl and it was amazing!
-2 pieces of bacon
-salt and pepper
What to do:
-Break up angel hair pasta in a bowl and add water to cover the pasta
-Add salt to water
-Put in microwave for 5-6 minutes, watch vigilantly, making sure it doesn’t overflow
-In another bowl, put 2 strips of bacon, cut up in pieces
-Heat in microwave for 2 minutes
-Take out of microwave and wipe out grease. Add garlic, then put back in for 30 sec
-Add garlic and bacon the the pasta and mix together
-Top with lots of cheese 🙂
Getting a little bit fancy.
- A desired amount of pretzels
- A desired amount of chocolate
What to Do:
- Put chocolate in a microwave safe dish and heat in microwave in 30 second to 1 minute intervals, stirring to make sure chocolate doesn’t burn (because that would be devastating)
- when all chocolate has just melted, remove bowl from microwave
- Swirl pretzels around in chocolate until evenly coated and place on a plate
- Put plate in the fridge until chocolate hardens
I forgot to post this the night I made it, but here is the recipe. It’s another installment of Dorm Cookin’! Do not look too closely at the picture, due to it’s shoddy quality.
- Bean thread noodles
- Firm tofu
- Soy sauce
- Minced garlic
- Chicken bullion
What To Do:
- Put dry bean thread noodles in a bowl, add to cover, and heat in microwave until noodles are cooked. Drain water.
- Let noodles cool.
- Add in to the noodle bowl:
- Tofu (cubed)
- Soy sauce
- Chicken bullion
- Mixed garlic
- Mix all ingredients into the noodles and heat in the microwave for 1-1.5 minutes
*There are no exact measurements, just eyeball everything*