So I’m DONE! Done with my first year of college! Only four more to go! (Yes I said four). I actually got home on Thursday but I’ve been busy.
All in all, it was a pretty great year! I don’t really have much to say I guess… I apologize for not getting this post up earlier but I don’t think it really matters at this point.
So, to wrap of this year, I’m gonna do something classic and list a bunch of things that I learned in college this year:
1. Everybody looks ridiculous running around campus with a back pack sometimes it has to be done.
2. All-nighters are a real thing. Not for me, though because I didn’t want to have to deal with that so I just did my work on time like some weird person.
3. Campus is the only place where it takes to cross campus with a car than by foot during class changes.
4. When they say that Penn State alumni are everywhere, they are not exaggerating. When I tell adults that I’m going to Penn State, there is a 99.9% chance that they went there, or know someone who went there.
5. Walking up Shortilage is brutal. Walking up Shortilage in below-freezing temperatures is even worse.
6. Hats are essential to survive the winter. And the winter is brutal. State College weather is no joke. One day it’ll be beautiful and the next day will be winter jacket cold.
7. Getting involved is actually a good idea. There’s a crazy amount of stuff to do!
8. Everything is and acronym. Have you gone to the UHS? Did you get your GH and GS credits? CAS is the worst. Are you living in an SLO? Which number is my PSUID?
9. Sleep deprivation is also real. I may not have had any all-nighters but that doesn’t mean I was well rested.
10. College is great! I wasn’t sure what I expected starting out with this big, new adventure but I am very happy with how it’s going.
So I guess that’s all for now! See you next fall on the new season of “Zoe’s College Adventure”!!!